Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Is it in the air, or in the cloth?

Okay, I apologize to any of you who are still deep in winter's grip but I must proclaim it because I can feel it, this palpable lightness in the air. The birds have ceased their huddling and are now singing in the rain. The rain itself is softer, less hostile and stinging than in December. And just yesterday I saw and heard this little hummingbird singing his heart out at the top of this tree. "it's spring, it's spring, come fly it's spring!"


I don't know why but somehow it's sent me back in time, I'm in full nostalgic mode circa 1970. Perhaps it's the youthful air of spring or perhaps the hummingbird that made me think of tropical climes.
This week I ventured to Hawaii with the purchase of this fab tie by Prince Kahio and this surfing shirt by Surfline. The bright oranges and yellows just make me happy. The fabrics polyester and bark cloth are so retro 70's they could have been my mom's curtains. Lol.








No comments:

Post a Comment