Sunday, October 26, 2014

I'm sitting here enjoying a lazy Sunday morning, something I haven't done in about 4 or 5 years. Yes a new chapter has begun for me, I've left the Flea Market. It was time, because I saw weekend after weekend go by without my family and I missed them. I missed the long walks in the forest and the epic long bike rides hair blowing in the wind, the trips to "kids" beach, skipping stones, one two three four skips!!!.
One of the things I know about myself is that I can become very single pointed. When I commit to something I do it all the way or nothing but sometimes I can get carried away. So this is me carrying myself back to balance. I'm maintaining my online business and I'll still be at  the Twenty First Century flea/antique shows and the quarterly VFM shows but most weekends are now mine to share with family and friends. Of course I'll be hitting the odd garage sale, flea market from time to time, but I'll be the customer now, not the seller.
In honour of my days at the flea, I'll leave you with some of my favourite images of my time there a sort of farewell to the family I grew to know and love.

















No comments:

Post a Comment